Professional Oklahoma Educators (POE) serves the needs of teachers, paraprofessionals, administrators, college and university education majors, retired educators and all public education employees in Oklahoma and fights for schools and public education on the state and national levels.
- POE was founded in 1988 by a group of educators and invested supporters.
- POE provides critical liability insurance and legal protection at an affordable cost without all the partisan politics and controversial social issues.
- POE is NOT a labor union. It is a non-profit, professional organization.
- POE is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of classroom teachers, retired educators and business leaders.
- POE is nonpartisan, enabling it to work with ALL political parties in the pursuit of positive educational change.
- POE does NOT endorse or make contributions to political candidates or political causes.
- POE lobbies on issues related to EDUCATION ONLY.
- POE does NOT pay dues to any national organizations - your member dues stay in Oklahoma.
- POE offers quality professional development opportunities to members and other education personnel.
- POE is a Character First organization.
Please visit our membership page for more information about Professional Oklahoma Educators' services and member benefits.