Start Date: 6/20/2017 9:00 AM CST
End Date: 6/20/2017 3:00 PM CST
Venue Name: POE State Headquarters
1600 N. Main St
Professional Oklahoma Educators
This workshop is targeted to experienced teachers who want to mentor not only new teachers but also provide support to peer teachers. Teachers who mentor each other are more optimistic, stay up-to-date on new ideas and are more confident because they have support.
The Professional Oklahoma Educators Foundation is offering a professional learning opportunity to develop teachers to work as mentors with new teachers and/or with colleagues. With the goals of retaining beginning teachers and enhancing the effectiveness of all teachers, this mentor training offers coaching and reflection techniques, communication strategies, and ways to identify and prioritize needs.
Workshop Activities & Topics Include:
- Complete a self assessment of your leadership style
- Discuss the benefits of becoming a mentor
- How to support your fellow educators
- Learn self-reflective skills and be able to share with others
- State Department of Education (SDE) staff will present on several topics, including how to effectively use the SDE website
- Discuss concerns of beginning teachers
- Teach effective observation skills
- Legal Information