Professional Protection - Personal Service - Oklahoma Values

Professional Oklahoma Educators Professional Oklahoma Educators is a non-union, nonpartisan professional association for all school personnel. Members receive professional liability insurance, legal services, and lobbying representation. It is our commitment to these basic principles that makes POE a positive and unmatched option for education employees in today's teaching environment. 

News
You're Invited: POE Conversations
Thursday, March 30 
5:30pm - 7:00pm
Duncan Middle School Commons
601 Chisholm Trail Parkway 
 
It's a tumultuous time for Oklahoma schools and educators. Things like drastic budget shortfalls, teacher pay increases, teacher shortages, A-F grades for schools, and other issues have created rifts among teachers, administrators, parents, and legislators. 
What can we do to address these issues? It starts with establishing common ground with teachers, administrators, parents, and legislators through holding open and respectful conversations.
That is why POE is holding regional meetings called "POE Conversations." Please join us Thursday, March 30th, for one-on-one dialogue with your legislators, Senator Paul Scott and Representative Marcus McEntire, along with members of your POE Government Relations Team. We will discuss the issues affecting teachers, schools, and the Oklahoma education system...
Please feel free to invite your colleagues to this event. 
Light refreshments will be provided.
 
Membership Dues Are Tax-Deductible
As you are figuring your income taxes, please note that you can deduct 99% of your POE membership dues. The remaining 1% of your dues is for lobbying and cannot be deducted from your taxes.

 

2015-16 School Year Dues Amounts (August 1, 2015 - July 31, 2016)
Professional - $240
Administrator - $348
Support Staff - $144
First Yr. Teacher - $120
Student - $15
Retired - $24
 
 2016-17 School Year Dues Amounts (August 1, 2016 - July 31, 2017)
Professional - $252
Administrator - $360
Support Staff - $156
First Yr. Teacher - $132
Student - $15
Retired - $24

Coffee & Canvas Workshops
      
            ?
The POE Foundation is offering a new workshop called Coffee & Canvas to Oklahoma schools. Schools may use this workshop for teacher stress reliefas a teacher/staff team building event or as a parental outreach tool (for example, an equal number of teachers and parents would be participants).
  • How much does it cost? $15 per person (POE will provide painting materials; schools provide refreshments.)
  • Where will the workshops be held? Your school provides the location; i.e., we will come to you!
  • How many may participate in a workshop? Each workshop is limited to 24 participants.
  • What will we paint? Schools may choose from one of the three paintings shown above.

Are you interested in hosting a POE “Coffee & Canvas” workshop? Please contact Tim Rose: 405-659-4009 or e-mail him at memrep1@professionaloklahomaeducators.org.


 

Videos

Social Media

Meetings & Events